Saturday 9 May 2020

Dre-XT-Stueck or bust - rejetting, maintaining and getting dirty

The Dre-XT-Stück is slowly starting to come together now. After checking the valves once more, another rejet was due and with my opened up airbox, I am now pretty much at the (standard) 1VJ jetting of 145/125/46 and this really woke the bike up.

Only after some cleaning I found out, that someone had painted the valve covers gold.



The other thing I had to do was to check and reset the float level. At some point in the past I must bent them a little as the float level was higher than I wanted it to be.



Then it was time to get the old girl dirty on some (wet) gravel roads and in the old girl's defense, she didn't do too bad. For some high-speed offroading the suspension is definitely too soft, but if you realize,you're not on some past 2000s sport-enduro, she can handle herself quite well.



Oh and she's quite snappy now too... The midrange grunt is really addictive and has made a direct impression on how I handle the old girl in the dirt.



The question on how to legalize the 600-engine currently installed in the Dre-XT-Stueck has been solved as well... I'll do a frame swap to a spare 600 frame as that's cheaper than re-registering it as a 600, so if someone is in the market for a 500 frame with (soon) fresh Austrian MOT (Pickerl), yup this one will be for sale. Well and just to cheer myself up, I'll finally have an XT with a black frame again.

No comments:

Post a Comment