Sunday 30 August 2020

The XV SingleCarb manifold

To this day a year ago, I promised a friend to make a single-carb manifold for him. When he said "no pressure", I am not entirely sure, he was planning to be this patient about it.

The show stopper last time were the wrong-radius bends I was supplied... and then life and a workshop move got in the way. As can be seen in the picture, the radius is substantially smaller on my new bends.


So lets start with a fresh set of bends:




The more or less finished product. It's equal length and -radius and should allow both cylinders to get close to the same amount of air/fuel into each one. 



I'll finish up the welding next week as I simply ran out of time today. Also I have a few more ideas on how to design a few variants of this manifold for turbo- or supercharger use and take it from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment