Sunday 18 February 2024

Dre-XT-Stück - sidestand

I have to admit, that lately it seemed as if the old girl had a bit more of a "sporty" lean to her and knowing fair well that those sidestands are known to bend (and eventually break) I thought a bit of bending it back and maybe bracing it was all it would take. But the sidestand's not the main culprit. 

 With the old girl leaned onto the little pickle...

 


I wanted to unbolt the sidestand, which was substantially easier than planned. 

So the assumption that something had given in, wasn't fundamentally wrong, it was just that it was the clevis that had bent because the pivot bolt snapped. The shank is 12mm and there was a sufficiently long M12-bolt in stock.

These bolts are widely available (even new from Yamaha), but should you find yourself in a pickle and have to machine one yourself and maybe lost some of the fragments, these are measurements mine had.

Depending on how worn the hole in your frame is, the 12.0mm might range from T-I-G-H-T to rather sloppy. I repaired that one, when painting the frame, so I had to take a bit off as things got very sticky.

No comments:

Post a Comment