Saturday 20 November 2021

The SR500 sidecar build - bit of electrickery (part 7)

As other stuff kept me way busier than it should have, there's some left overs to report.

First of all as the old girl has got a busted 300 Ohm coil, I opted for a CDI Booster, which is a fancy way of naming an aftermarket CDI, which runs off the battery and not the stock coil inside the alternator. 

And the other thing I wanted to share was a neat little trick that I saw a few years ago on some construction equipment (and a similar fix can be found on the old TR1). If you have the tail-light wiring run on the underside of the rear mudguard, use some thick-wall fuel hose for protection.


Doesn't look like much, but those cables are well protected and weather-proofed. And that was it for this week, I hope that the next posts will bring a bit more on the subject of sidecar mounts and electro-plating.


No comments:

Post a Comment