Wednesday 8 June 2016

The Turbo TR1 (part 13) - First ride 'n' rejet and thousands of small things

I admit I was more than cautious, when it came to jetting the Turbo TR1. So the last few days (and test-runs) were mostly spent with leaning out the carb starting at a #310 mainjet and now being down to a #220. The old girl is still running overly rich and isn't coming on boost right, so she tops at around 2-3PSI, but the results are staggering.

Torque, TORQUE and even more T-O-R-Q-U-E. But the power comes on so smooth that after my first ride I was honestly disappointed, because I thought it didn't work at all. Only after switching back to my Everyday TR1 I figured HOW MUCH MORE POWERFUL the Turbo really is.

Back enough of my gibberish, I guess you would much rather see some footage of the Turbo in action:


In order to get to that point a little battery box had to be built, which brings to another VERY cool item: LiFePo-batteries.



No comments:

Post a Comment