Wednesday morning is my morning. It's the day of the week, where I do stuff in the workshop that otherwise I wouldn't have the time for, as due to other time commitments, I can only do small jobs.
My drillpress has had a terrible wobble ever since I got it. Only recently after breaking a 2mm drill because of that, I decided that enough is enough and I really had to sort it out. The nice thing about these Chinese drill presses is that they are dead cheap and much to my surprise so are spare parts.
Disassembly is very straight-forward: losen the quill-guide screw and remove the return-spring.
Pull the quill-handle out and have a hand underneath the spindle.
I know for a fact, that the drillpress has been used rather sparingly... The wear patterns aren't too nice.
Heated up the bearing seat in order to get the old (completely dead) bearings out.
New SKF bearings (beware the sizes vary between the years, my drillpress is from 2009) - but regardless of the badge most of them are the same design.
The bearing seats in the spindle were between gentle push-fit and throw it in and hope fore the best. A classic case for bearing glue.
All in all (with buying new bearings) it was a good two hour job, but I have to admit it was worth it.