Tuesday 11 April 2017

The XS Triple Sidecar - Earles Fork (part 3)

It's almost done. Finally. The waterjet-cut parts have arrived and except for the axle hole coming out slightly undersized they fit like the proverbial glove.





A little bit of milling later and they actually fit in between the swingarm's legs. 



Next step was to make a set of proper brake-stay mounts and of course, I couldn't just simply weld on a set of flat steel tabs and call it a day, no I had to fabricate a set of mounts from u-channel, which I doubled up on the bottom...



Centering the wheel was a story in its own right and required even more trimming on the right side of the forks. 



I will NEVER again use the phrase "quickly build a set of earles forks" again. That and the simple fact that the next ones will be made from scratch. In reality there's not too much that hasn't been changed in order to make stuff fit, so next time I'll start with a blank page.

No comments:

Post a Comment