Saturday 6 August 2016

Everyday TR1 - waterproofing the airfilter and some sync'ing

Quite recently I was meeting up with some old friends in CZ. As it is custom at such events a slight drizzle turned into a massive downpour of quite epic proportions. This resulted in my airfilter (luckily it's a K&N element) getting sprayed by the rear-tyre as I only use the rear half of the airbox (due to it holding on the left sidepanel!)

A small bit of ally taken form a beer can, a pair of scissors and some liquid gasket:

Should do
Better than stock!
A month later I can report that my airfilter is a lot cleaner than before!

Technically unrelated, a quick checkup, whether the carbs were still in sync was due as well... I managed to get the fuel consumption down to 5.5 litres/100km, which is quite impressive for this old brute to be honest.




No comments:

Post a Comment