Wednesday 1 November 2017

The XS Triple Sidecar - finding faults in fault-finding-tools

A wise man once said, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's most likely just a set of dodgy tools you're using.

Same here. Apparently my #1 clock on the vacuum gauges is leaking a tad more than the others. Which isn't much of an issue, if you happen to have a strong vacuum signal from the engine, but quite the issue, when there's hardly any vacuum at low revs.


The other thing was something I suspected for quite a while as well, but didn't get round to profoundly check it up: I suspected, that the fuel tank might actually pull on at least one of the cables, so I used some velcro-tape (for now) to fix the splitter to the backbone of the frame and guess what, all stayed well sync'ed during the testdrive. 


Still fiddling around with the jetting, it's a bit lean on the way between pilot and needle and I have to say, if I did it all again, I probably would have started with a set of generic VM36s as they probably would have been an easier starting point and I do foresee the #3.0 cutout slides being swapped out for milder #2.5s in order to match the characteristics of the engine better.

No comments:

Post a Comment