Sunday, 8 May 2016

The Turbo TR1 (part 9) - Turbo headers

With the inlet manifold sorted out, the next thing on the list was to build an exhaust manifold to mount the turbo on.

At first you can see the two elbow-bends that exit straight at the cylinder head. Doesn't look like much, but there's three welds in a very confined space...

 The other thing I did was not to pick one of the generic T3-flange drawings off the internet, but design it for my very own application. Which in this case meant, designing it so the two streams interfered only very little with each other and also make it rather easy to achieve a proper fitup.

 Pretty chuffed how it turned out. Almost a shame to hide it underneath a huge turbo...

 Really a pretty simple exhaust, compared to the other TR1-exhausts I've built so far...

And all fitted and welded up!

No comments:

Post a Comment